Welcome!


Friday, February 4, 2011

Aint no mountain high enough

Lately we have been getting some snow dumped on us, and everyone knows taking the bus after a storm is not fun. So we get about 15 cm of snow over night, nothing too bad and it looks like the plows have cleared almost everything. I get to the bus stop and there's a snowbank roughly 2 feet wide by 1 foot high between me and the road. It's a but too wide for me to stretch my legs over it and climb onto the bus so while i wait for the bus i slowly kick away at the snow & dig myself a little path to the road. Just as i finish, the bus pulls up and even though my path is small, the bus driver pulls right up to it!! Perfect, i walk on without having to climb over the snow bank.

So overnight we receive more snow.This time almost 40cm! Even though we just had this storm everything is open including the office i work in so i have no choice but to get up and take the bus to work.  From my window the roads look clear so i figure taking the bus won't be too bad. Well was i WRONG! I leave my place and walk down the plowed path to the sidewalk where my bus stop is.  This time it is not a snow bank but it is a MOUNTAIN of snow about 5 feet high! As soon as i realize the size of it my jaw drops, how am i supposed to climb over that when the bus comes!! The sidewalk is very long with no driveways so i would have to walk all the way down the street just to get off the sidewalk and onto the street side. Luckily a man is on the other side of this mountain standing on the street waiting for the bus. He immediately starts chuckling when he sees the dumbfounded look on my face. He says to me "you have no choice but to climb it" and sticks his hand out to help me over it. So with the help of this man i go for it and start mountain climbing...and i survived to tell my tale!

1 comment:

  1. Like omg that sooooo sux don't it!!!!!!! I'm like only 5-5 & wtf ru guna do? Like the bus don't suk enuf wen u kin get onit........& my booots r bearly maid 4 walkin 4get climin! Lmfao X^)) @ leest theirs sum gentlman left rite tho? Did u get hiz #? Rotflmao ;^b

    ReplyDelete