Welcome!


Monday, March 28, 2011

TGIF...or not

Friday night after work, the bus ride home did not disappoint! It's a Friday so you know it's bound to be a little bit wilder.

Half way home the bus stopped at the main terminal and we sat there for a few minutes waiting to catch up on our time. Besides our bus there were a few other buses sitting there and all bus drivers were outside gathered chatting & smoking. Then i realized they were not just shooting the shit, but they were all gathered to discuss something and it seemed like there was something going on or something had happened. Then a commotion breaks out and the bus drivers ran back to their buses and shut the doors, and just as soon as our bus driver got back on the bus a guy, maybe early 20's, runs in front of the bus and bangs his hands on the front windshield and keeps runing towards the other buses. Bus driver picks up the phone and calls 911 and says "i would like to report an altercation involving a knife" and continues to talk to the dispatcher. So that would explain why the drivers were talking and why they ran back onto the buses! I groan to myself  'oh great' and the guy beside me heard and said 'doesn't surprise me, i've seen worse things happend here'. I look around and all the other drivers were now on their phones calling in the incident. I don't think the guy who hit the bus was the knife guy but i think he was running to alert the drivers to call someone. Our driver is still on the phone and i hear him say "so should I continue with my route or do I stay here and wait?" NO, i want to go home!! Don't make us sit here while there is a maniac outside! Get us home to safety! I guess other passengers heard him question waiting and they decided they were not waiting. 3 people got up and got off the bus. Really? You want to go out there? I would rather sit & wait! Another guy piped up and told us what was going on. Before he got on the bus he saw a group of guys dealing drugs and i guess it went bad and a knife got involved. And thats all we know! So after about 10 minutes we finally leave the bus terminal and we get no more than half way down the street when the bus driver slams on the brakes to let a speeding cop car, sirens & lights going, cut down the street in front of us. The guy beside flew into me and his elbow got me in the ribs. He asked if i was okay and I just laughed and said i was fine. Bus driver looks up and nervously laughs 'Sorry about that everyone, that was the first time i ever had one of those incidents!'

And let's hope it stays that way.

1 comment:

  1. do not get me wrong! ♥ed the post! horrified by the knife fite! what is this world coming 2! 8'(

    ReplyDelete