Welcome!


Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Friendly Bus Driver

In the morning i usually take the same bus at the same time which always has the same bus driver. Not just any bus driver though, the BEST bus driver! For years now i have seen him driving different routes and he is always so pleasant. For the past few months he has been doing my morning route and thank god for that! If i am running a bit late sometimes a bus driver may not wait for you even if they see you running for the bus. This guy waits even if he doesn't see me because he knows i will be running across the street at any minute! One day i didn't have to run for the bus and i was already at the stop waiting like everyone else. As i got on the bus he laughed and said "You didn't have to run today! You made it!" and then we both laughed. Some days he doesn't even make me dig through my purse for my bus pass, he just waves me on through! And the part i like the best, he refers to men as gentleman and women as 'my lady'. Everyday he greets me with "good morning my lady". If i am having a bit of a bad day it really cheers me up.  I know it might sound a bit corny but trust me, with some of the bad attitude bus drivers out there, this makes a huge difference!

Monday i wasn't feeling good and had a hectic time getting ready for work and it was one of those mornings where it was one thign after another going wrong. I missed my regular bus so i had to catch a later one. As i was crossing the street the bus started to pull away and thought to myself the day couldn't get any worse. But then the bus stopped. I thought maybe it was just lettting traffic go by, but then the dorrs opened. I stood there not knowing what was going on and finally decided to approach the bus. The doors stayed open so i hopped on. It was my friendly bus driver!!! His route changed to the later bus and he saw me at the last moment crossing the street so he pulled over! I love this guy! But the amazingness that is my bus driver doesn't end there. We approach my stop to get off but in my sick haze i forgot to pull the "request stop" so i grumbled i would have to wait until the next stop to get off. Even though i didn't pull the request stop, the bus pulls over anyway and the doors open. No one was getting on the bus, and no one else was getting off the bus. It's because the driver knows what stop i always get off at so he pulled over for me! This could quite possibly be the best driver ever!!!! Keep up the good work driver!

3 comments:

  1. omg he sounds like such a sweet <3! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is he the bald guy, 30-35ish, big goatee and earrings, tattoos? This guy is pretty great too, I have him a lot coming home from work late at night on weekends. Love the nice bus drivers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No this is a different bus driver! No tattoos. He is around 35, black and bald. He talks like a gentleman!and the greatest driver EVER!

    ReplyDelete