Welcome!


Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bus Roundup

I'm back! Sorry it's been awhile. My life has been busy and hectic, but still taking the bus. I used to think putting headphones on and reading is what it takes to block out the craziness on the bus. However over the past 2 weeks I've learned that if you have a lot on your mind and if you go into a deep thought, you barely notice what is going on around you, and the bus ride is much faster. But it is the bus, so there are some things no one can ignore. Here's a rundown of the past few weeks:

On my way home from work two girls get on the bus and sit beside me. At first they seemed normal and I thought they were regulars since one of them said hi to almost every person sitting in the front end of the bus, but after a few minutes i started to rethink that thought. They were talking and laughing so loud, and at one point it seemed like they were acting out scenes from a movie or something. One of them even had a beard! They were talking to everyone that came on the bus, even if they didn't know them, and tried to keep the conversation going, and every now and then would stare at me. It was just weird. Bearded lady scared me.

A different day a guy sat two seats down from me but the whole time he hovered & leaned towards me. I didn"t dare look at him to see what was really going on especailly since he kept hacking and sniffling. Eventually he got off the bus but when he tried to get off, he tried to open the door before the bus even came to a stop! He was trying to get the door open so fast and pushed so hard that I actually thought he was going to jump out and roll down the street. Shortly after he got off a guy on the bus sneezed so loud that the poor girl sitting in front of him jumped out of her seat and looked so frightened amd cringed as if he sneezed on the back of her neck. I couldn't help it, I laughed.

A couple got on the bus and stood in the aisle for 5 minutes arguing over who was going to sit down first. The guy waned the girl to slide into the seat and sit before him (being a gentleman) but the girl wanted him to sit first. So instead of either one of them sitting, they stood in front of the seat blocking the rest of the people coming down the aisle, and argued about who was going to take the seat first!

Besides that and the regular drunks and bag people, not much more to report. I promise to keep up with the stories this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment