Welcome!


Monday, March 26, 2012

Bus Strike Week 6 - Strike is Over

Our bus strike lasted 6 weeks, a few weeks longer than we thought, but it is finally over! Last week was the first week it was back up and running and I took the ferry almost everyday. What perfect timing since it was 30 degrees Celsius for 2 days in a row. Global warming what?

This morning I took my regular bus for the first time in almost 2 months and it felt like riding the bus for the first time. Well not liking riding a bus, more like riding a roller coaster for the first time! Maybe the driver was just really excited to be driving the bus again, or maybe he had a little too much caffeine, but i had to hold on for my life. The driver was zipping around corners, I was flying out of my seat, and we braced ourselves every time the driver hit the brakes! Hmm maybe it wasn't the bus driver, maybe it's just me not being used to the bus anymore. Well the weather isn't nearly as warm and sunny as it was last week so I have all week to re-familiarize myself with the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment