Welcome!


Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Street Cred

It's after work, I'm sitting at the back of the bus. Bus pulls up to a major bustop and at least a dozen people get on. Everyone is pushed to the back where I am to make room for more people. So there are now about 6 people standing in front of me. I'm playing with my phone trying to zone things out when the person i am with nudges me and points to a young guy standing right in front of us. He points to a tattoo on the guy's arm. I'm trying to read it but the font used is horrible and i can't tell if i am reading it upside down or what! Finally I am able to make out what it says "WOODSIDE". Oh what a lovely tattoo, the name of one our towns ghettos! Staying classy I see. So we chuckle to ourselves but its not until i continue looking him over that I see the ultimate accesory. Sideways ball cap check, baggy white shirt check, big fake blinged out watch check, hold up, is that a glow in the dark rosary around your neck! WTF it is! Holy Shit, i have never seen something so ridiculous! Nothing against the rosary but come on buddy you really expect me to believe you pray and go to church? Maybe you pray you don't get shot, but thats about it. And glow in the dark? Does this add to your street cred or something? If you're that cool, then you should not be taking the bus.

Oh how I love this town!

No comments:

Post a Comment